BORN IN THE HEART OF A GIRL

WITH A LOVE OF MOMENTS

Kenia Event Planning + Design is a team of event stylists, planners and consultants devoted to turning love stories into meaningful, personalized events.

  • I was born in Caracas, Venezuela to Cuban parents so fiestas were just the natural way to acknowledge any milestone.

     

    Good grades? "Fiesta!"

     

    End of the school year? "Fiesta!"

     

    Visiting Abuela in Miami and the whole family happens to be in the same city? "Fiesta!"

     

    As I grew up, the love of bringing everyone together evolved into “my craft” and I became known for my small house parties. 

     

    Between the years of 2008 and 2010, I started putting together elaborate graduation celebrations and, in 2011, I planned my first wedding. I was hooked. Every event had a story and I became fascinated with finding that story so I could tell it in its own unique way. These occasions weren’t just parties, they were memories in the making and I loved immersing myself in creating the beautiful settings in which they were born. 

     

    At the end of 2017, I decided to launch myself into the wedding industry because nothing else could come close to watching someone savor the experience I created for them. 

     

    Now, over twenty beach ceremonies, six full weddings, a handful of styled shoots and many lessons later, KEPD has become a team of individuals dedicated to making your wedding planning experience as effortlessly beautiful as your wedding day.

    KENIA

    Lead Planner + Designer

  • My story is a lot like Kenia’s because, although I was born in Tampa, Florida, I was raised by the same Cuban parents. That’s right, I’m her sister! Whenever Kenia had a vision, I naturally became her execution assistant... is that a thing? 

     

    To be honest, I would initially get overwhelmed with her ideas. I can’t event begin to count the times I thought to myself, “ yea, there’s no way we can pull this off”. To my surprise, we pulled it off 99% of the time. The other 1% became lessons learned and we still got to dance the night away! 

     

    The years went by and I took a bit of a back seat for a while but, once Kenia started planning weddings, I wanted back in. I was not about to miss out on all the fun! By then, Pinterest was making its way into the world and my sister and I couldn’t help but stay up all night sharing pins with each other. 

     

    Now that KEPD has made its way into the world, I don’t plan on missing out on the opportunity to be a part of this either, it’s just what we do! 

     

    So here I am, ready to be a part of creating your effortlessly beautiful moment alongside my friends and family here at KEPD. 

    JAN

    Lead Planner

  • I am from India and I have loved dancing since I was 3 years old. A few years ago, I moved to the United States. As dramatic as it may sound, I need dancing as much as I need the air that I breathe so one of the first things I did was find the local dance community and joined a dance team. This is where I met Kenia.

     

    I was immediately drawn to her warm and caring demeanor, her creativity, attention to detail, and incredible work ethic. As we got to know each other, we bonded over similar interests and our friendship quickly grew in love and support for each other. 

     

    When Kenia shared that she was contemplating becoming a planner and designer full time, I was so excited! She possesses 

    the art of visualizing and expressing herself so beautifully that I knew the world would love her just as much as I do. 

     

    Initially, I would meet her for moral support at the styled photoshoots and weddings she was working on. I was so inspired by her ideas and her work style that it only made sense to say yes when she invited me to be a part of KEPD.

     

    Your story is special to each of us and I am so excited to take part in the execution of your memorable affair.

    SHIVANI

    Event Consultant

BOW_DigitalBadge_2019_500x500.png
partner--gg1005037.png